Our Commitment to \Indigenous Peoples\
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land and waters throughout Australia and pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
We recognise that significant barriers exist throughout Australia for many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Wilson Group stands firm in our commitment in helping to close the gap between Indigenous Australians and other Australians in employment, education and economic participation.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds and are committed to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples through employment, training and career opportunities.
Together we are learning about our shared history, building opportunities for the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and, as a Supply Nation member, creating opportunities for increased economic support through the procurement of Indigenous products and services.
Our commitment within the community and in business circles includes, but is not limited to:
- Formalising a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) in 2017
- Appointing a full time Indigenous Engagement Manager
- We participate in community events such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week and have done so for several years
- Where possible we partner with local Indigenous businesses
- We provide sponsorships and grants to Indigenous community groups
Our commitment to individual Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people includes:
- Ensuring that we meet our RAP targets to hire Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as a percentage of all new hires – every year
- We provide training and career opportunities to Indigenous people who wish to join Wilson Group
- The team at Wilson Security offers a fully funded Certificate II in Security Operations to Indigenous people with the offer of employment at the end of training
- We have engaged an Indigenous Mentor who helps Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through the recruitment and training process
- Every staff member has access to both online and in-person training on Indigenous Cultural Awareness
Wilson Group: Making Tracks training program
Our Making Tracks program supports and promotes positive employment outcomes for Indigenous people. Making Tracks is part of our commitment to Indigenous Australians.
If you would like to find out more about our commitment to Indigenous Peoples, please contact us.